Saturday, September 11, 2010

In the Moment

"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself..." (Matthew 6:34a)

I've had the pleasure of spending time with someone new--someone unexpected--and I count it a gift! As we've shared many long conversations, we've talked about the importance of being present in the moment....soaking it in and savoring the here and now. It has been as if time has stood still in those moments...as if nothing else mattered except being attentive to the person you're with or the place you are in.
As I read the devotion for today from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, I had to smile. Yet again, God spoke to my heart with repetition and clarity. The passage this morning was a reminder not to worry about what the future may bring, rather to abide in and enjoy the blessing of today.
That said, my heart is full to overflowing with a renewed sense of hope and joy...not just about the "newness of life," but about the presence of God in my life. I can live without fear because of God's promises. Time and again He reveals Himself to be faithful. Though people and things may fail us, God never will.
"It is a trustworthy statement...If we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself." ~2 Timothy 2:11-13.