Okay, so I've already told a few of you this analogy...but after receiving an email tonight from a friend who is feeling broken, I thought I'd share it here in the hopes it might be an encouragement to someone else as well.
A few weeks ago, one of my pastors said that we often sit as the clay (Is. 64:8) on the Potter's wheel and shout to God, "Hey, make me a ___." As I thought about that, it resonated so deeply within me. I have done that for so long!
Yet, more than that, it became a picture for me of the remolding and shaping God has been doing over the past year in my life. Sometimes if the clay is not taking the shape the potter intended, he must fold in the clay upon itself or flatten it to remold it into something new, something better.
That's where I am. I am the clay...flattened on the spinning wheel...waiting to be molded into something new, something better, something beautiful...but knowing that the Potter's Hands have never left me there alone. And as He molds me, He knows what He desires me to be...
May I (and you!) find peace in trusting the Potter's Hands, even when I feel flat as a pancake!